Friday, February 10, 2012

Clear CD case Art Project

Since I have tons of old CD cases, I have to find a way to make them useful instead of just tossing them in the trash. This is what I do to give them a second chance to shine.
All you need is CD cases (It depends on how big your picture will be), a computer (To edit your picture), a scissor or paper cutter, double-sided tape, and of course, your picture (I suggest you to use a high-resolution picture).

stack of old CD cases.
Old CD cases. In your computer, divide your image into some 13.8 x 11.75 cm square. Cut and paste each square into a separate file. Print them and trim off any white space. Then slip each segment, image side up, into a CD case and close it. Repeat until every photo sits inside a case.

Voila! Here they are.
My daughters' room
My son's room
I used this as a guideline. I forgot where I got this template from.

 It's inspired from here.

Happy recycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do love hearing from all my friends. Your words make my day brighter.